Federal Reserve Bank Addition

 

The Federal Reserve Bank (FRB) building on 2nd Avenue between Spring and MadisonĀ Streets was designed by William J. Bain Sr. between 1947 and 1949, and was completed by Naramore, Bain, Brady & Johanson in 1950. It originally functioned as a vault for theĀ Federal Government to hold physical cash reserves for the Pacific Northwest Region from 1951 to 1960. The FRB is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and is also designated as a City of Seattle Landmark property. The property was recently purchased with the intent to restore the six-story building and add offices above as an addition.