The project is a renovation and design of a new entry addition to St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, a mid-century iconic church, designed by Steinhart/ Theriault in 1962. The structure required a new liturgical space for gatherings around a new full-immersion baptismal font, as well as accessibility, structural and energy upgrades.
PUBLICATIONS AND AWARDS
– 2013 Merit Award for Religious Architecture: Renovation, Faith & Form: The Interfaith Journal on Religion, Art and
Architecture, July 2013.
– 2013 Awards Issue, Faith & Form: The Interfaith Journal on Religion, Art and Architecture, December 2013 , pg. xxx
– “St. Paul’s Episcopal Church: The Forest in the City”, by Susan Jones, FAIA, in Faith & Form: The Interfaith Journal
on Religion, Art and Architecture, June 2013 , pg. 15-19.
– “St. Paul’s Episcopal Church Renovation” , in Shanghai Architecture Magazine, Arch Daily, The BIG Issue: Taiwan,
Architype Review, Artitectural.com, and AECCAFE.com, April, May, June, July 2013
– “Religious Buildings”, Architype Review, vol 6, no. 7, August 2013.
– INSPIRED, by Rick Grant, photography by Lara Swimmer, 2013, (Documentary Media, Seattle, WA)